Latrobe Health Insurance Review
Read Here for Our Latrobe Health Insurance Review:
Looking for a health insurance company that cares and provides sufficient and competitive coverage is a hard task. People want to get value for their money. They want to get what they pay for. With Latrobe, Australians can get these benefits and so much more.
Who is Latrobe?
Latrobe is a not-for-profit, Australian owned private health insurer that prides itself in providing exceptional services to its more than 80,000 members. It was established in 1950 to give the residents of Latrobe Valley, Victoria reliable medical services. Now, Australians across the country can enjoy the benefits of Latrobe Health Insurance.
Latrobe is part of the Members Health Fund Alliance. It is a member-owned insurance company aiming to provide value for money, more benefits, and excellent services to its members. It also seeks to empower its members so that they are in control of their health.
What are the Product Offerings of Latrobe?
Latrobe Health Insurance offers a range of hospital cover, extras, and combined cover. Each product is designed to meet the specific needs of its members, both financially and for their health.
Latrobe Hospital Cover
- Gold Hospital - This standard top-level hospital cover takes care of 38 standard treatments in hospitals, accommodation, and theatre fees, among others.
- Silver Plus Hospital – This product covers 26 to 38 clinical categories. It also includes cover for joint replacements, palliative care, cataracts, rehabilitation, insulin pumps, and pain management with device, among others. It includes restricted cover for hospital psychiatric services. It also comes with unlimited ambulance transport.
- Silver Hospital – This product also offers cover for 26 to 38 clinical categories, including diabetes management, heart and vascular system, and pain management, among others. However, it provides restricted cover for rehabilitation, hospital psychiatric, and palliative care services.
- Bronze Plus Hospital – This product provides great value and covers 18 to 38 clinical categories. It covers gynaecology, miscarriage, pain management, and dental surgery. It offers restricted rehabilitation, hospital psychiatric, and palliative care services. However, it does not cover joint replacements, dialysis, pregnancy and birth, and insulin pumps.
- Bronze Hospital – People looking for a cost-effective yet reliable cover can trust Latrobe’s Bronze Hospital. It covers 18 to 38 clinical categories, including chemo, gynaecology, pain management, and chemotherapy. It offers restricted cover for rehabilitation, hospital psychiatric, and palliative care services. However, it excludes dental surgery, heart and vascular system, and dialysis.
Latrobe Extras Cover
Latrobe’s extra policies can be purchased as a standalone policy, except for Basic Extras.
- Basic Extras – This is Latrobe’s entry-level extra that covers general and major dental, optical services, physiotherapy, chiropractic, and other allied services.
- Core Families Extras – It covers general dental, optical health, and allied services. Included are free dental examination and clean and fluoride treatment annually. It also covers speech therapy, antenatal and postnatal classes, and exercise physiology.
- Core Essentials - It covers general dental, optical health, and allied services. It also offers a loyalty bonus for those who will get it on top of a hospital cover.
- Core Complete Extras – This cover is perfect both for families and singles. It covers general dental, orthodontics, optical, and allied health services. It covers speech therapy, nutrition, psychology, audiology and health appliances such as blood glucose monitors and CPAP machine.
- Premier Family Care Extras – This cover supports the needs of growing and active families, including general dental, major dental, optical, and allied health services. It covers two free dental examinations and cleaning and fluoride treatments, health appliances and maintenance services, speech therapy, antenatal and postnatal classes, and exercise physiology, among others.
- Premier Singles and Couples – This cover supports the needs of singles and couples. It also covers general and major dental, optical, and allied health services. On top of these cover, members can also get to choose covers two free dental examinations and cleaning and fluoride treatments. It also covers Chinese medicine, psychology, nutrition, and exercise physiology.
- Premier Extras – With Latrobe’s most comprehensive extras cover, members get to enjoy top-tier health benefits. It comes with generous annual limits for speech therapy, myotherapy, acupuncture, and so much more.
- Healthy Start Package – This product covers hospitalisations caused by accidents and injuries. It also covers general and major dental, optical, and chiropractic services. This product is designed for active Australians who are always on the go and love sports. It provides cover for public hospital treatment and restricted cover for private hospital treatment.
What are the Benefits of Getting Latrobe Health Insurance?
Aside from superior health services and unlimited ambulance rides, members also get to enjoy the following benefits.
- Government Rebate
- Medicare Levy Surcharge
- LHC Loading
- Easy claims process. Members can claim using their member card or through the mail.
Make a Wise Choice with Makes Cents
Makes Cents is committed to helping Australians make the best investments for themselves. By making an informed decision, you can get the best out of your hard-earned money.
Our Latrobe Health Insurance Review is just one of many. You can also read many more Health Insurance Reviews at MakesCents.